Sunday, July 31, 2005

 

More Dead Air, and More to Come

All right, folks; sorry again for the huge delay in posting. I've been letting my subconscious turn over the design (read: slacking off), and there are a few changes that will need to be made to some of the interfaces that I've defined so far. I'd really like to get at least the SWFIO design done before the end of the summer, but I don't think that's going to happen. Which leads to my next announcement…

I'm going in tomorrow (Monday) to negotiate a short-term, full-time job at a software company I have prior dealings with. Short of dire budget problems or a major catastrophe, I suspect I'll be employed starting August 11th to September 27th, and school will be starting up directly afterward. Furthermore, I'm going to be on a road trip and unavailable from August 4th to the 10th. Thus, I'm probably not going to have too much time to do anything really substantial for the rest of the summer.

Comments:
damn! remember man that the whole world is looking at you ;] it's responsibility we're talking here about. all of us linux ppc users (and more, more more) are waiting for gplflash2 and you're taking a holiday, eh? ;p

greetings,

owczi
 
and yet I just can't understand people. such important projects as yours and flash4linux should be massively supported. when given some donations, you could spend more time on developing gplflash2. and ppl just want projects to be working, and dare to be angry when they aren't [ take my last post for an example - but that was a joke ]

owczi
 
comment spam sucks...
I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure, since I run a purely 64bit system and flash4 support just doesn't cut it.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

Note: I have been told by someone who recently downloaded the SWF specification that Macromedia has added a restrictive license to the end of the document. Because of this, newcomers will not be able to get a copy of the spec and still be able to contribute to GPLFlash's development. Since other developers (such as myself) already have access to the specification without the license, this should not pose a major problem in the short term. Please bear with us, and do not seek out or use this specification in conjunction with the GPLFlash project.